Free resources and help for people who have been laid off recently and are looking for opportunities.
Losing your job is hard. To help you get back to work we are: here, for you.
Here, for you, is an initiative to help folks working in/aspiring for product roles, who have been laid off recently, get hold of some resources to get back to work.
Here, for you, can help you with:
- Free curated resources for upskilling and interview prep.
- Resources on mental health.
- Link to thread and conversations around jobs and vacancies.
- Free resume reviews.
- Free community mock interviews.
- Free learning sessions with experts.
As you know resume reviews, expert sessions, and mock interviews are time-intensive commitments, hence we would want you to first finish consuming the curated resources before requesting these items.
→ Start with Guide to optimizing your resume.
→ Once the resume is selected read The ultimate guide to product management interview.
→ If your resume isn’t getting selected because of lack of experience do try creating a product portfolio by reading this guide.
You can check out our mentor Sugat’s channel for videos around PM interviews at various companies.
→ Not sure about tech skills? Here is a free mini-program on Technology for Product Managers.
Resources on taking control of your mental health:
→ Bouncing back after getting laid off – guide by HBR
→ Coping with the emotional impact of being laid off – By Stanford Faculty Help Centre
→ Time management tips for active job searching – Tips from career links
Link to popular posts, and job boards to find the next opportunity
→ Alok Kejriwal’s post with a number of job opportunities on LinkedIn
→ Product Management Jobs on AngelList, Naukri, Linkedin, Instahyre, & Indeed.
→ Y Combinator’s job board 1, 2.
You might want to connect with me on LinkedIn as I frequently interact with posts and people hiring for product managers.
Get your resume reviewed for free:
- Read this guide completely
- Make primary changes as suggested in the guide
- Send the updated resume as a “PDF” to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Resume Review – After reading the resume checklist guide” (This subject line is important to mention)
- I will respond to you with my review as soon as I possibly can.
(Imp: The free resume review is available only for people who have been laid off on basis of availability)
Get a free mock interview:
- Read this guide and all resources completely
- Answer this question: Which is your favorite product, and how would you improve it, create a google doc with your answer.
- Share the google doc with me at email@example.com, with the subject: “Free Mock Request – After reading the interview guide” (This subject line is important to mention)
- I will respond to you with a calendly link to schedule the mock interview.
(Imp: The free resume review is available only for people who have been laid off & on basis of availability)
Free live expert sessions:
We are also looking to conduct live sessions on breaking into product management, interview preparation, resume reviews, etc. Do fill out this form and we’ll invite you to the next one.
You can help too!
If you are a product professional and looking to help us, help more folks by dedicating some of your time to this initiative do reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn profile and a couple of sentences about how you can help.